Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Makeup blending applicator

Wandering around TJ Maxx and I found this makeup blending sponge. I am not sure if this is the real deal or just a cheap version of the popular Beauty Blender because I have never got my hands on those. To be honest, I don't feel like spending around $20 for just a sponge. So I picked this up and wanted to give this a try since it is only $4.99 at TJ Maxx. It is called Beauty Pro Revive Makeup Blending Applicator. I think as long as it does the job then I don't need to spend more money for those high-end and pricy beauty blenders.
So after trying it out, I think I like it very much. Normally, I usually apply foundation with a flat top kabuki brush so of course the finish is different. But so far this sponge doesn't disappoint me. It's quite a quick process applying the foundation, and I like the finish of my foundation using this sponge with dapping motions to build the coverage. And I actually damped it before hand. From my experience, the sponges tend to soak up the liquid foundation when using them dry which is a waste and I feel it is easier to spread the foundation on my face when the sponge is damped.
Another thing I like about this sponge is that it has the pointy ends which I can easily apply the foundation at corners around my eyes and my nose.
Another note, it is latex free and hypoallergenic. And it's kind of fun to see it expanding when wetting it in water ;)
Overall I think my 5 bucks purchase is worthed.

No comments:

Post a Comment