Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Olive oil - beauty goodness

olive_oil.jpg

I want to share with you all, two beauty tips using olive oil that I use on regular basis. First, I use olive oil as make-up remover, I believe a few years ago, after watching Michelle Phan's video on Youtube about using olive oil as make-up remover, and I have used it ever since. It's a great make-up remover, it removes all make-up even water proof make-up. But since it's oil, you do need to use facial cleanser to wash your face after removing all make-up. I don't have any other good things to say about it beside it does great job removing make-up and super affordable. I usually get mine at Trader Joe's, a bottle around $6, it lasts me about 4-5 months. Here is Michelle Phan's link of how she removes make-up using olive oil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc-8onVA5Jk

The second usage of olive oil I use is hair oil treatment. I use olive oil to on my hair once to twice a week. Every time, I only about 3-4 table spoons for my hair from scalp to end. I like to heat the oil to a warm temperature before use to help the oil absorb better into my hair. And I usually do this before shower, apply warm olive oil on my hair, bun and wrap it up with plastic wrapper, and leave it on for about  30 minutes before I go shower and wash everything off. It helps moisturize my hair and give it a shine since I color my hair often, my hair looks very dry and dull.
One thing I want to share if you want to get olive oil and try out these tips. I always get extra virgin olive oil made in Italy. Also, don't get olive oil in clear bottles, the oil tends to rancid very fast, getting olive oil in dark bottles helps slow down the process.
*** Picture source: http://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com/2009/10/olive-oil.html

No comments:

Post a Comment